Saturday, February 9, 2013

A real day, of real food.

Today was a normal day. We didn't go anywhere (which is more common then a day where we go into town), and it seems our sleep/eat routine was right about normal. So I decided today would be a good day to take note of what we eat to share with you. Breakfast and lunch and the snacks are for my 9 month old and myself. Dinner is for us and my husband.

Breakfast: we both had a fresh pear cut into chunks, oatmeal with a little coconut oil and maple syrup.

Snack: the little man had; homemade apple/pear pouch, homemade granola bar. I had; homemade granola bar.

Lunch: the little man had; carrots (sliced and boiled till soft), sweet potato (boiled chunks), leftover pork chop. I ate; leftover pork chop, and leftover quinoa.

Snack: the little man had; the rest of his fruit pouch, and a fresh apple (sliced and peeled). I had; a homemade granola bar and a couple homemade marshmallows.,

Dinner: stir-fry with whole grain noodles. The stir-fry consisted of...chicken breast, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, tomatoes, orange and yellow bell pepper, sweet potato, mushrooms, and yellow squash.

Evening snack: arrowroot cookie for the little man, and homemade pineapple ice cream for my husband and I.

Of course the little man breastfed throughout the day so this wasn't his only nourishment. This is a typical day of real food in our house. What do you eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment